Guidelines to advise on the correct practices to control legionella bacteria in water systems exist worldwide. Suppressing bacteria levels does substantially reduce the possibility of an outbreak of this often fatal disease. Guidelines recommend introducing a monitoring and control program. This program includes the testing of cooling tower waters with dipslides on a regular basis
A full range of dipslides is available for semiquantitative determination of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria populations in industrial and recreational waters. Dipslide accuracy is limited due to the small sample size, but if used correctly and incubated at a constant temperature using the dipslide incubator, they are excellent for trend analysis and can give an early indication of bacteria proliferation.
- Determine aerobic and anaerobic bacteria levels
- Early indication of bacteria proliferation
- Results in 48 hours
- Excellent for trend analysis
- Sulphate reducing bacteria
- Nitrite Reducing bacteria
- Aerobic bacteria
- Aerobic bacteria and yeast/fungi (Rose Bengal for yeast/fungi)
- Aerobic bacteria/Pseudomonas
Dipslides are supplied in a cardboard carton containing 10 slides.
Dipslides have a working shelf life of 6-9 months.
Results are quantified by comparison to a standard density chart.